Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Lessons


Here's a lesson in NOT expecting the worse.

I have been facing a lot of changes. One was that my former psychiatrist has retired. They were generous to give me an appointment with the new incoming doctor fairly quickly.

        I have been worried that the new doctor would be cold and
        short with me. I really dreaded that I would have to explain 
        everything to him/her and that I would have to re-establish 
        myself in some level of "recovery."

       It was a big worry for me
       that he would have that "doctor tone" with me.
     
      SURPRISE>>> His concern was overwhelming.

Image result for high five
 
    
      I told him just a few things and he asked me if I had a DOG.
      He said a dog is a great companion.

      That's all I needed to hear. We will do fine together.
_______________________________________________
#dog lover   #meeting your new psychiatrist  #anxiety  #medical check  #doctor tone  #all I needed  #mental health  #recovery.


No comments: