Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Weak Yet Suviving

Weakness
we are all familiar with it. It begins as an infant that we all realize needs help.

But, as children grow, they go in many different directions. Some struggle to meet basic developmental and cognitive skills, others are average or above, and some go on to excel.

The part that I wonder about of these four groups, which one group is the first to ridicule all of the others? I mean, we would assume the highest achievers would be the first to blast all the rest, but maybe they know it's not proper.

Or is it? I say it depends on their circumstances. Their family and teachers may encourage this too. So let's say they got in the first "mouthy" comment, and they turn on the next group. Pretty wild eh? That "dodge ball" is hitting most of the time. Of course there aren't any real groups this defined, but let's face it-- some will take action with a "judgement board" and some will take action because of being "bored."

Now, let's say one day the highest achievers fails at something or just because of  REVENGE the other groups are able to give it all back. It catches the group dynamics off guard. People start to realize we can all have weaknesses. Some weaknesses are visible, some are not.

Now, let's add in that everyone seems to be in their own world.
Most people are consumed by thinking about what happens next.
"Am I late, what will she say?," "Do I have everything I need?,"
"Will this shirt be okay?," "Did I pay the electric bill?," "Who was that jerk?," "I forgot to call mom for her birthday." These thoughts go on and on.

So imagine my NON-Surprise when I have been in need of extra help lately and I had to ask strangers. I have found that genuine  kindness runs about 30% willing to 70% non-willing for real help.
People who approach me and ask if I need a hand.  BIG THANK YOU!

My favorite:  "What do you want? You are going to make me late for my appointment."



Image result for cathy jeffers quilts
 "Lexis at 13"  by CBJ J
___________________________________________________________________________

#think people  #give a hand   #judgmental  #extra help needed  #depression  #why am I depressed  #conversations  #kindness  #don't judge  #be present  #weakness






No comments: