Friday, December 15, 2017

Selling Yourself


Recently, I was talking to a man I thought might be interesting enough to land a "real date."

A friend of mine met someone on-line and she was very happy with her new beau.

As for me, I have had two long-term relationships with on-line finds and they were both mistakes.
One lasted 8 months too long and the other last XX many years too long. (Even I can't bring myself to admit to how long I tried to make it work with Mr. Wrong.)

So with a fresh start, how do you describe yourself in a nutshell?  .....I am smart, creative and fun.....

That's a good opener.   He responds  "Me Too."

Excuse me, do we have a language barrier?   How can I spend 20 minutes picking out the right words, and a man can get away with saying "Me Too" and it is back to you to keep the conversation going? We haven't even gotten to the parts of me I don't like about myself and I feel cheated with his Me Too?

I still struggle to jump in and tell this stranger I have depression. I will say that I write about my own depression because it helps me and may help others to see the real highs and lows of this illness. Yes, sometimes I can laugh at my negative thinking when a non-depressionheads acts so damn perky-positive.

Hey
    Lady.
Hey
     Dude,   I have this thing called depression.
                  I can't pretend I don't.  

It's not as glamorous as bloggers writing tips for success, following a celebrity, or linking into some cause I would never write about. But that wouldn't be me.

The true me is smart, creative and fun and that helps me when my depression really hurts.

The new guy, who knows, being careful for now.



#sad  #my depression  #art  #2017  #winter oasis   #community  #self


<<My Art>>  Cathy Jeffers Artist 2017


 
                                     














No comments: