Tuesday, April 19, 2016

5,000 Reads Update

























            I turned 60 last week.  If I had a neon sign I would plant it right here.
            Making peace with a lot of things.  My children's path in life, my feisty sense of it's not all over yet, removing toxic people from my life and acceptance that the past really does need to be forgotten.  I am into self-healing now. My spirituality started with #11:11 and knowledge of Annie, my angel, and am no longer ashamed to mention it to who ever listens, since in is a part of me and not the scene out of "Beetlejuice" where the people bring their spirits to the table and everyone starts dancing.
            Dropping out of social media was a good thing.  People contacted me- at least those who missed me.

                  
          Finding people have lives as difficult as yours is an understatement.  If we admitted to it more, we wouldn't be wondering why they stopped calling and act so remote.

          I celebrate my good friends who enrich my life with a sense of #community and say thank you.

                    I am not happy about my financial situation, but I was able to obtain a new(used) car             and continue to have a roof over my head.

                      My friendly dog (Peaches) is my companion.

                      My diet is a work in progress.  I was craving chocolate so much today, I made brownies,    

                          but don't tell anyone!



           Artistically Speaking:



                  In May, I am beginning a quilt class that I received a full #scholarship to take at #QSDS.
                  It is a  one week class one dyeing and painting.  I am looking forward to getting messy.

                 Three of my quilts will be exhibited in: 

                           Party on  -  "An exhibition of art quilts expressing our obsession with parties        
                                  of all  types, whether celebrations of special days, or of the political variety." 

                           Location: The Richard M Ross Museum    Dates of exhibition: May 13- July 1, 2016
              
                   I am exhibiting this December 2016 at #Fresh A.I.R. Art Gallery in Columbus, Ohio.  
                   A.I.R. means   Artist in Recovery, and I will be revealing my #depression by making

                   lots  of #quilts. 
                    Title: Revealed: Narrative Quilts (Whimsical Moments and Real Life Experiences.)



           

          No comments: