Thursday, April 26, 2018

How Much Should You Tell Your Therapist

For the first time, I am being seen by a therapist I really like, but I almost stopped going to see him because I was worried about him. I am deeply sensitive and observe people from their talk, walk, body language what ever they give me and I knew he wasn't happy. (He doesn't hide his mood very well.) How could he when he sees 7-8 people per day telling him their problems?
We spent time discussing my needs one day and it all turned out really well. What I really didn't want was to start over with a new therapist.

Anyhow, now I am debating about telling him something I am not proud of doing. I am old enough to know better, and I know he won't judge, but I am ashamed, and I have to decide if I am going to tell him or not. Unloading would feel good and I should share it- but will I feel worse afterwards?

I can be so critical of myself.
My emotions just don't come out the way
they should when I am this angry with you.

No surprise when I recently
became vulnerable and blurted out:
    "You broke my heart." 
(Not to you, but to someone else.)
I have many things to say to you,
and each one was as important as the next.
I doubt you will ever understand how I feel.

(Even Pinterest can't come up with any quotes about this situation.)


Fire and Ice   Original Art by CBJ  



#have the conversation    #pinterest    

                                                       #speak your mind     #be strong   #tell the truth
                                 
                                                       #hurting  #artist  #love  #therapist





No comments: