Friday, December 23, 2016

It All Comes Together


Two days ago...
I thought I needed to make one last gift.
The gift wasn't necessary, but I thought it would definitely express my appreciation.

For the last several months, my nurse aide has helped me shower because I have to shower in a black boot for support. We didn't know how to go about it at first. It required me holding onto my walker and backing into the shower. Then she hands me a towel and I hobble to my bed where I dress and she puts an ace bandage on my foot for support so I can continue to walk in my regular boot.

Both of us were in the Bah Humbug mood this year. I miss my kids and I wish this darn boot could be trashed. I will survive this holiday as I always do, but it is hard. I imagine what other families do when you have a family around and in my mind every one is civil and no one tattle tales. LOL is replace with Ho Ho Ho and there is a bright star guiding us.


No comments: